Mozilla is hosting a panel discussion on how to perform User Personalization while maintaining a user's privacy; covering the technical, ethical and philosophical aspects of the topic.
• Wendy Davis, Writer at MediaPost specializing in Privacy & Behavioral Advertising
• Chris Maliwat, former director of PM for Personalization at Netflix, former Senior Manager of Tailored Shopping Experiences at eBay, currently head of PM at SkillShare.
• David Sontag, Assistant Professor of Computer Science at NYU
• Slobodan Vucetic, Associate Professor of Computer Science at Temple U.
• How can we (mathematically/philosophically) represent user’s intent/interest?
• What information should companies be privy to? Where do we draw the line? What is acceptable personalization?
• How high level or granular should the information be?
• What industry trends do you foresee?